MOORHEAD (KFGO) – A nationwide arrest warrant has been issued for a 17-year-old boy in a drive-by shooting in Moorhead last month.
Police have submitted initial investigative reports to the Clay County Attorney’s Office that list nine felonies including murder with intent, murder drive-by shooting, assault and dangerous weapons charges. Under Minnesota law, prosecutors can charge a person with murder even though the victim didn’t die.
Police Sergeant Joe Brannan says the victim has been discharged from a Fargo hospital.
Because of the suspect’s age, his name has not been released.
Brannan says the gun used in the shooting has not been recovered and there’s an unknown risk to the public. Police are looking for a white Chrysler 300 that left the scene of the June 19 shooting in the 1100 block of 12th Street South.
At the time of the shooting, the car had Minnesota license plates, EJJ 379. It also had tinted windows and red lettering on the rear window.
Comments